This article looks at the advantages and disadvantages of a plastic bike shed. We’ve also taken a look at what we think are the top 5 plastic bike sheds you can buy today.
Why would you buy
What kind of bike are you looking to store.
You need to consider sheds at least 6ft long to fit an adult bike inside, but worth checking your own bike first.
Plastic bicycle storage sheds are possibly a middle-of-the-road option if you don’t want to go to the expense of a metal or wooden structure. The plastic construction means assembly will be easier and you can move them around with ease.
This will offer more options for bicycle security as they are a more permanent feature. As with wooden sheds, these will be require a solid foundation to stand on.
– Cheaper than metal or wooden counterparts.
– More secure than canvas storage.
– Will withstand extreme weather such as high wind.
– Easy to assemble.
– Susceptible to UV (sunlight), which may cause them to fade or become brittle.
– Overall security not as high as wooden or metal bicycle sheds.
– Limited availability for bikes, generally made to store other garden items.
This is clearly a step up from canvas bike caves, but we’d question if the security of them is worth the difference in price. We’d recommend spending slightly more and invest in a metal or wooden bicycle storage shed. The design and colour of Plastic bicycle storage sheds might not be to everyone’s tastes, and generally speaking these can’t be painted.[wwcAmzAffProducts asin=”B005I5ZQY2″][/wwcAmzAffProducts]